There are general dentists that can also provide both the surgical and restorative aspects of dental treatment as successful as prosthodontists. For this to be possible, the dentist must have taken extra training to be proficient in cosmetic dental treatment as required by law to treat to the same standard as specialists.
With their advanced training, prosthodontists and cosmetic dentist can improve your appearance by fixing broken, discolored or misshapen teeth and associated structures. Some of the procedures that can improve your smile are:
- Placing complete ceramic esthetic crowns or "caps" onto teeth
- Placing veneers onto teeth to conceal defects
- Using bonding technology on a tooth's surface to change its shape or to close unwanted gaps
- Bleaching discolored teeth to brighten and whiten a smile.
- Dental implants
- Cosmetic dentistry
Prosthodontists dental care services are limited by enhancing dental appearance. They also improve oral health relating to recovery, functionality and comfort.
- Complex care management involving multiple specialists
- Complete and removable partial dentures
- Replacing lost teeth
- Special needs of geriatric patients
- Children born with cleft palate or missing teeth
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome/disorder
- Traumatic injuries
- Snoring and sleep disorders
- Maxillofacial prosthetic procedures such as oral cancer reconstruction and continuing care
Canadians around the country can find the best cosmetic dentist near their area. Visit the National Prosthodontists Directory to find out more about dental procedures.